Tuesday, October 7, 2014

another sneak peek!


Sneak peek



Strong
[Christian Fiction]
It is court day, and so far, my dad has not allowed me to enter the room. With all the time that I have spent in this waiting room, I have actually decided to change my degree.
The trial passes through the morning. I have officially been sitting here since eight o’clock this morning. Forget about me, my brother must be losing his mind. Brad is not the kind to remain in one room for this long.
“Candice,” says Mom, coming towards me. “You should go home. Your father said to tell you it is too chaotic in there, and it is no place for your inexperience.”
I roll my eyes. “Why did I even come here in the first place?” I ask, picking up my bag.
I stand and start for the main door. On my way out, I bump into Mrs. Hamilton.
“Darling,” she says, smiling as she hands me an envelope. “I found this last night while putting Derek’s possessions into storage. It is addressed to you.”
“Thank you,” I say, smiling back. “I’m sorry that you are leaving. It will not be the same.”
“Perhaps we will see each other again, and you can come see me in Scotland.”
I hug her. “I would love to.”
After saying goodbye to Derek’s mom, I go out to the parking lot. I get into Derek’s car and look at the envelope for a moment. I open it and pull out the letter to read.

My dearest Candy-girl,
If you are reading this, it probably means I have returned to Scotland, or something has become of me. Words cannot express the love I have for you, but as you know, I have a higher love for God in Heaven. There were times you did not understand it, but you were so eager to know. I encourage you to seek a relationship with God. Learn to know Jesus as your everything. He is the King of kings, and the Lord of lords. I urge you to seek Him, my darling. Your life will change forever if you do this. God wants you to love and obey Him.
I love you, my Candy-girl.
Always yours, Derek.
P.S. Sometimes God will take away what you most care about to get our attention.

Links:
http://hadassahharperofficial.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/HadassahHarper
http://www.wattpad.dom/user/HaddieHarperOfficial
http://www.youtube.com/user/esther9087

No comments:

Post a Comment