Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Prepare for Daily Updates | New Session of #CampNaNoWriMo | I'm Writing a Sequel


Hey everyone! Camp starts in July and I am am almost prepped and revving to go! The picture at the top of this post is my inspiration for this new novel idea. It will involve sneakers, but it will be subtle to the plot. That is all I will say for now.

On another note, for those of you who follow Hadassah Books, you already know about this announcement, as well as the next one I am about to make.

In the sidebar of this blog, you find two Figment widgets. One of these widgets is for my novel Black Sunshine, which spins off  Nothing Between Us, using only a snippet of a scene where Bella locks gazes with one of the waiters in a restaurant? Yeah, that one. Well, instead of leaving it for July, I wrote it in May and completed before the month was out. I began to write it only a couple days before finishing Camp in April, and I am extremely proud of this accomplishment. 

I began to wonder where the characters would be in 20 years, and guess what came out of that. That's right a sequel. However, though the sequel will follow the original main characters, it actually follows their daughter and another character whom we meet in the last several chapters of Black Sunshine. (I started posting a couple chapters on Wattpad, seeking feedback.)

I started writing the sequel five days before completing Black Sunshine. I know; the thing is I was not even sure it would be a sequel, until I realized I had connected the characters to each other. So, without further adieu, I reveal to you the title of the sequel.

Black Keys. 
Yes, it involves a piano. Yes, there is romance. Yes, the characters know each other before falling for each other. No, I did not think I would be able to do it, but I am nearly 75% finished. What? Yeah, you heard me. I've already got a Wattpad cover (an amazing graphics artist made it upon my request. 
Do I have a dream cast picked out? Yes, I do. But I don't have it ready to share yet. You can see my dream cast for Black Sunshine HERE if you like.

I really like where Black Keysi is going. I need a big-bang or "Aha" moment somewhere. I mean. I'm a little over 18 chapters in, so that means there has to be a climax soon. In my writing book, this is the moment I would have to throw in some kind of twist or maybe a cliffhanger . . . I don't know yet. But I know I need something with UMPH. Oh! I just got it! 

I'm gonna stop here . . . BTW, I wrote this post last night at dinner. By the time this goes live. I've already got my UMPH.

Hope you are all well. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment