Friday, January 12, 2018

CAMPNANOWRIMO 2018 | Making Plans!

LONG TIME NO SEE!

If you're wondering why I didn't announce participating in NaNoWriMo, November 2017, here's the deal.  I have a valid excuse. On September 20th, 2017, my little Invisible Island became extremely VISIBLE. Puerto Rico was hit by Hurricane MARIA. The island, as you all have become aware, has been in utter devastation (without electrical power, running water, communication, etc). I do not want to go into detail as to what happened when the hurricane hit, because then these couple of months for recovery would have been in vain. I don't want to remember that day right now. And I was told to just relax and let myself recover.
I am currently staying with family on my mother's side, in Maryland. As soon as we were able to make contact with the outside world, my aunt got cooking and was able to get us (my mom and her children) off the island and up to her house. We've been here since the beginning of October. 
Mentally, I've not been able to keep a steady schedule(until now). I am hoping to get everything back on track, to move forward with my writing and every other project I've picked up. Oh, and not to worry. NONE of my books were damaged.

Now that I have that covered, let's talk about the this new year. Since I have no idea when I'll be going back to PR (which is most definitely NOT any time soon), I am making plans for April. If you're a Camper, I will most likely be creating my own Cabin. Find me here.

I got two awesome gifts for Christmas. I mean, I got a lot of awesome gifts, but two are really being a help with everything involving writing and blogging. One of my aunts gave me a Week by Week planner. Which is really helping me keep track of my posts (and book releases) on my book blog (Haddie's Haven). And this doesn't really count as a Christmas gift, but it was a gift from one of my cousins who took me, and my sisters, to the National Art Gallery in D.C. It's a little journal with woodland animals artwork in the pages. I've been using this journal to write down all my new book ideas.

I really want to get back into the habit of writing complete novels in 30 days. It brings me joy and gives me a sense of accomplishment. My first attempt was with Nothing Between Us (titled The Blank Space at the time), in April of 2016. I started five days late, and finished four days early. That was amazing for me! Then in July of 2016, I wrote Romeo's Sneakers. I did NaNoWriMo that year too. Barely finished within the month(like a few days late), but I was still happy with Pieces of Me.

2017 . . . I didn't participate in April, because my family was moving and stuff. But I did do it in July, 2017. And I finished Need You, the first of my Danes Brothers novels. That story, I finished with days to spare. I was so happy with how it came out.

I've got ideas up the flagpole. But I need to choose only one to work on. And that's hard because I want to work on ALL of them! And these are really amazing ideas. Most I woke up with in my head. I came up with descriptions for a few of them. And I added them to Wattpad.

No comments:

Post a Comment