Monday, February 27, 2023

The WriMo Blog: My ONC2023 | Writing Progress


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is all about my progress in Wattpad's Open Novella Contest 2023. If this interests you, keep reading!
I think the biggest reason for today’s post is to announce the fact that I’ve submitted my 2k milestone for BOTH of my ONC entries! This is a big deal for me and I am so proud of myself for the accomplishment! I did a little celebration with a bag of chocolate. I am definitely going to do another mini-celebration when I reach the 8k milestone. More on this later in the post.

Speaking of milestones, I want to discuss how I broke down my word count goals for the ONC and keep my timeline in check. Because even though 20k is a very achievable goal for the timeline of the Open Novella Contest. I’m not sure I mentioned it in my previous update, but this year the timeline is slightly altered and the deadlines for the second and third are closer to the middle of the month rather than the end of those months.

The milestones are 2,000, 8,000, and 20,000 words. I decided I wanted to have a slight surplus of words after reaching each milestone. I figured doubling my word count for each milestone was a good choice. Knowing my style of writing routine, I knew I meet higher word goals, I just didn’t think I would surpass my personal goals like this. Especially when I am trying to do it in two projects.

February is the shortest month of the year. Reaching 4-5,000 words felt like a decent goal. Reaching it twice? I will be honest, I made the goals prior to my decision to write 2 novellas. I did not think I would be this bold or courageous, but I am succeeding. This brings me back to the 8k milestone. I’ve already met this goal for one of the novellas. But I will talk about my March goals in my next progress update.

This is what I wanted to share. Thank you so much for being here. I hope you are doing well IRL and in your WIPs. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!


No comments:

Post a Comment