Sunday, December 6, 2015

How forgetful am I? - December Goals List

Hello! Well, it seems that I did not post at all last week, nor have I stated my new month ideas/plans. *Gasp* I can offer only one explanation: I am forgetful. Now, I did not "forget" to post, per-say, I just forgot to open my blog page. I had a post idea ready to roll, I just never got around to opening a new post page. Anyways, I am here now. 

Wow, can you believe November has come and gone? It feels like only yesterday I was getting ready to post my first post of November. I did not complete that many goals for November, but I hope to get those things done this month. Here is a list of what I hope to do:

  1. Complete Pictures of You.  

    I was unable to work on this book ever since receiving a comment about some details taking away from the plot. Of which I completely agree, I just feel that the reader was not understanding it from my perspective. As most author will understand, there are some things that MUST happen in a book so that it all comes together later. With this in mind, I have tried my best to push aside the comment, though it was not entirely negative, as insightful and helpful as it was, and I am going to continue where I left off.


  2. Start posting Heart and Soul, and Public Enemy.

    I have been silently writing both of these novels, trying to re-spark my eagerness to write
    Pictures of You. So far, I have managed not to do that. However, I can say that all my ideas for these new novels are folding together nicely. I am even thinking of putting a character cameo into one of these books. Meaning: I will have a known character from one of my other works have a "guest appearance" in one, or both, of these novels. 

  3. Edit Scarred Hearts for self-publishing.

    I recently posted in the Beta-Reader's forum on Wattpad, in hopes of getting more feedback on this novel, so that I can "test-publish" it, using either CreateSpace, Kindle Direct, Kindle Scout, or by submitting my manuscript to Entangled Publishing (because I think I meet their guidelines, and they accept un-agented submissions). Now, I think self-publishing will be my quickest route, and it will help me to help my sister.  But to do any of these routes, I still need my own bank info.


  4. Prepare my Rescued novel.

    I have mentioned time and time again that I plan to put my Rescued short story "series" into a single novel. But to do that, I need to go back to the beginning and fill in the gaps. I may or may not be ready to do that, but I have pulled out the story several times in the last week, so I am already wanting to work on it.




Well, that is my short list. I have those things at the front of my head, I am constantly thinking over these things and how I can get them done. But I do push to hard on this list, because I try to put my work at home in front of everything else. For anyone wondering if I have done any sort of reading . . . I have, indeed, been reading quite a bit in the last week. I just finished the second book in the DIMILY trilogy, by Estelle Maskame. I am not going to talk about it here, because I will be posting a review in a couple of days, so keep you eyes open for that. I will share the link once the post is live. 

I recently posted Scarred Hearts  to Write On, from Amazon. My hopes are to expand the readers and get more feedback. I don't know how I came across it, but I like what the site does and I will be posting more novels there soon. CLICK HERE

Well, that's all for now. God made you special, and He loves you very much. BYE!

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you have your goals constantly in mind and continously think on how to achieve them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yes, its just that with the constant change of schedule during the week, I never know what to expect. I am learning not to worry about that so much, and just move forward. Its encouraging when I do complete a goal.

      Delete