Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pseudonym (Pen-Name), Real Name. Who Cares?


(Another post inspired by author Mandi Lynn, but not informative kind.) I am pretty sure that you all know (by now) that Hadassah Harper is just a pen-name, right? Don't worry, Hadassah is what my parents call me, sometimes. In fact, it is the Hebrew version of the name my parents gave me at birth, which I also use. I started using Hadassah Harper shortly after learning that Hadassah is my Hebrew name. Out of the following names, which is mine? (I will give you a hint: Star.)

  • Hadassah: Given Name HADASSAH. USAGE: Biblical, Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew. OTHER SCRIPTS: הֲדַסָּה (Hebrew) Means "myrtle tree" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament this is the Hebrew name of Queen Esther.
  • Esther: Star. Refers to the planet venus. Also myrtle leaf. Also the Babylonian goddess of love. Famous bearer: Old Testament Ester, who became a 5th century Queen of Persia.
  • Myrtle: The name Myrtle is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Myrtle is: A flowering shrub.


Well, as it turns out, I am noticing that pseudonyms are so much fun to goof around with. I was researching some of the famous authors that used pen-names, and came across this generator. It doesn't just generate pen-names, it also generates complete short stories, blurbs, songs and other writing related topics.

Anyways, I put in my real name (in the three different ways I use it) and it generated some pretty cool pen-names for me. Most of which would fit my other novels better than Hadassah Harper would. I mean, Hadassah Harper fits my Christian contemporary novels, not the fantasy novel I have yet to complete. Speaking of that, here is the re-imagined cover for that novel.)
E. M. Malcolms is one of the pen-names the generator gave me for the fantasy genre. I do not take credit for the image(s) used in the cover. As a matter of fact, I am going to be contacting the original artist about possibly using the image for a later final cover (should I ever complete this book and want to publish . . .), without the girl in it, of course. (Original Artwork)

Spirit Warrior is still in the early stages of writing, for a long time now. But if you would like to see what I do have posted, CLICK HERE.

So, yeah, I wanted to see which fantasy pen-name looked best on the cover, and I really like how the cover came out. I want to share some of the pen-names the generator made, and to let you all know that I am considering using them . . . No, I take that back, I am not going to share all of them. E. M. Malcolms is the only one you will know about, for the time being. Hadassah Harper is still the name I will use until further notice. 

I keep saying that I have that new idea for a novel . . . I can say right now that it is not going to go anywhere. I have already lost interest in it, and I did not even write it. Good thing I didn't start, I would have never finished it. I do, however, have a new idea for a historical fiction. Inspired by the FaerieTale collection by Jenni James, I hope to create a similar novel, but with my own twist. A Cinderella retelling, perhaps? But without all the magic elements, and with a Christian twist, like Melanie Dickerson. (I woke up with this idea.) Just an idea . . .

Anyways, yeah, that is what I was up to today. Hard to believe the year is basically over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment