Wednesday, October 31, 2018

NaNoWriMo 2018 | Goals for Day 1



Hiya! So, just a head's up. I am writing this post ahead. 

Goal #1: Do word sprints throughout the day. Over the last couple of months, I've gotten into the habit of setting a timer and trying to write as much as I can in that time limit. It's been very effective, whereas I didn't think it would be when I first heard of word sprints. I know, three years of NaNoWriMo, you'd think I know of it before.

Goal #2: Get my first few 1,000 words written. And I do mean a few 1,000. I want to set the bar high on the first day, and keep myself ahead. Falling behind is not an option this time around.

Goal #3: Keep my momentum. Right around the midway point, I tend to lose momentum. I've probably mentioned it before, but November is a month tied to a time of pain. Because in 2015, the first time I decided to try NaNoWriMo, a bunch of crap happened and emotionally, I could not keep going. That poor novel is still in the first several chapters, waiting for my return.

Goal #4: Watch truck-loads of videos following other people and their writing during the month. Seeing other people writing and challenging themselves gives me a boost of "They're doing it, so can I" style confidence.

These are my goals. I do plan to have daily goals set, similar to the ones above. Only I might make them more word count orientated. That's what I've got for now. I'll be back in a couple days with my first update on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment