Thursday, November 22, 2018

#NaNoWriMo2018 | Day #22 | Tech Issues and Behind Schedule


Hi all. Firstly, Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are all spending a wonderful day with your loved ones. I have not been keeping you updated in my progress, and I'm so sorry about that.
I have proper excuses though. My laptop, fondly nicknamed Tommy, decided he no longer wants to connect to the hotspot I use for internet. This puts me at a disadvantage, because I use Google Docs for writing. I used to write in Microsoft Word, but found my mojo with GD and decided that worked for me better. So, I've been using my mother's laptop whenever I have a chance. Tommy is not dead, he just needs a STRONG WiFi source to access the internet. But I do need a new laptop, it's been almost 6 years. New laptop is on the next shopping trip.
Next on the agenda to share with you is this: Last week I fell sick. I went out on Sunday to celebrate a friend's birthday. I won't explain it all, but there was bowling. A LOUD arcade. Lots of fellowship. But the downside is that I came home with a harsh migraine that lasted through Friday night. Plus, I caught the cold that was going through each of my family members. It was pretty bad. I don't get sick often. I have a fairly strong immune system. But I was hit really hard this time around. The migraine is what made it unbearable.

All that stuff aside, my word count total is currently sitting at 28.5k - This is about half of what I was expecting to have by now. Being sick made me fall behind. But I am hoping to catch up and possibly has a BIG writing day before the month is over. That's what happened a couple years ago. I had a very good writing day and wrote 7k words, which surged me forward and I maintained good momentum until the day after NaNoWriMo2016 ended. I finished a day late, but I finished. That's all I want. To be able to say that I finished my novel.

I'm at a point in the plot where both MCs will begin to see the potential in each other as a partner. Getting them to this point as been a roller coaster. There was a character who was a total B**CH. While that was my intention, I didn't expect half the things that happened from this character's doing.
On top of this, my intentions of creating an oppressive government is going way too well. The things this FICTITIOUS country does are completely OUTRAGEOUS. Which is what I was going for. Mateo is proving to be a man of honor. Nahdeya is so easy-going that I'm worried she might come across the wrong way. Hopefully her character development makes up for the small lack of backbone. But she does have a backbone. It will show up in the coming chapters. That's my plan.

So, that is the deal right now. I gotta go and get some more writing done. Make sure you add my novel to your reading lists on Wattpad
https://www.wattpad.com/story/165345207-my-escape-nanowrimo2018

See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment