Thursday, April 14, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: Round 2 Results | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! I am so pleased and happy to announce my progress to ROUND 3 in the Open Novella Contest on Wattpad! Of course, I made it through! The ONC Ambassadors really had me on pins and needles, cutting it close with the results. April 30th is the deadline to submit the Round 3 form, so I am doing that as I write this post.

I do need my book to be marked "Complete". I did flip that switch a while back, but then I got some feedback telling me it didn't feel finished. So I am working my butt off to bring it to a proper close. I've moved my project from one software to the next so I can better track my word count. I've already met the 20k milestone (I cannot wait for that sticker!) but the story needs closure.

I want to make it to the end of the contest. I know that I have said I don't really care about "winning", that the point of entering was to try something different and reach a writing goal. But now being on the list of runner-ups or even the Top5 is in my sights. I could totally win! It is anyone's game right now.

Many of my favorite ONC entries made it to the next round as well, and I am so proud of those authors. And for the ones who didn't make it, those books are still so amazing! The prompts were just so good and writers ran with their ideas.

I said it, but I will say it again. I am definitely looking forward to entering, again, next year. I know I won't sit on the edge of my seat waiting for the new year. I have plenty to keep me busy until then. For now, I'm just going to go back to Camp NaNo (slowly, but I'm doing it) and finish what I started.

Thank you so much for following along this journey with me. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment