Friday, May 6, 2022

CampNaNoWriMo: April 2022 Wrap Up | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, it is officially May. April is done and over with, here's the lowdown on my Camp NaNoWriMo experience, April 2022.

As mentioned in my previous update, I fell very behind. I had a few things come up that required my time and energy. I also got stuck in my project. Truthfully, I am not at all upset about any of it.

I am still writing the final chapter(s) of my ONC project, and I was busy getting one of my short stories published. Did I take on too much? No, I was doing enough. It was the life events that made me step back. I did try to write on the days I had a few hours free. But it was to no avail.

I wrote half of a scene to a chapter I had already started in my fairy-tale inspired, historical romance (set in medieval Russia). The project, prior to Camp NaNo, was sitting on 2.5 chapters. Am I going to finish this book at any point this year? Probably not until the summer as I have a vacation trip in mid-May, and I am currently getting everything prepared for that.

I won't go into too much detail about my other reasons for not finishing. I've turned a new leaf. Maybe I need to have my own WriMo challenge. But wait, I sort of do! The whole reason for creating the WriMo Blog is to have a chance to challenge myself during non-NaNo months. IDK how I'm going to make my own challenge, but I will talk about it in another post.

That's all I have today. Thank you for joining me, I wish you a great weekend. Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment