Friday, June 10, 2022

WriMo Challenge: Writing Half of a Novel in the Month of June | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, I wanted to write this post sooner but the first day of June is my birthday and I spent the last week detailing everything I'm about to share in my author socials. So, it is possible you've already seen the project I hope to draft this month. But here is the WriMo challenge.

I am going to write 20,000 words in the month of June. Which is about 1/3 of my total word count goal for this novel. And then, during the July session of CampNaNo, I plan (and hope) to write 50,000 words to finalize the draft.

This will be a fantasy novel and if you are interested in knowing more about it, I do already have a blog post on my author blog for my E. S. Elias pen name. But I do plan to share more detail here, as well.

Now, the fun stuff: I have been working on an outline. I have a prologue started because I just couldn't wait and I had anxious fingers. And I have 3 versions of a cover design, which I had a lot of fun coming up with it. I'll be sharing it later in the month, or when Camp starts.

I think that is all I wanted to say. I'll have a follow-up post next week with my 20k progress. I am currently sitting on 1,000 words, so yay me! Thank you for joining me. Comment below with your current WIP, I would love to hear about it!

Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment