Monday, June 26, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2023: Official Announcement | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is my participation announcement. If this interests you, keep reading!

Camp NaNoWriMo is just around the corner and yes, I’ve decided to participate. 
My goal is to draft a 20,000-word novella, set in the Hearts of Gold-verse. Three things you should know about the story;
  1. It’s an opposites attract, friendly-enemies to lovers romance.
  2. It takes place on a horse ranch.
  3. My inspiration comes from the Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley.

The idea for this novella has been floating around for years now. I’ve written a few stories with a similar theme, but the characters in this book are going to be a little older. Early twenties, but the male-MC is a bit older. Like 6 years older; he’s matured. Additionally, there will be a lot of horses. My goal is to write a book for myself to enjoy and it others like it too, awesome!

There’s a Reels/TikTok sound bouncing across the interwebs about writing the book you want to read because you will read it over and over and over, and so on. Yeah, editing it is not going to be immediate, but I will making a publishing plan for the coming Hearts of Gold books. Details on that plan will be shared later this year, or at the start of next year. I do have a goal to publish a book in 2024; I couldn’t make a plan for 2023, though I really wanted to publish something this year.

Anyway, that’s my official Camp NaNo announcement. Keep your eyes open for more details and weekly progress updates. 

Are you planning to participate? Add me as a writing buddy and I will cheer you forward! I will be creating an "accountability-buddy" group. If you want to be added, just shoot me a message on the NaNoWriMo site. Thank you for dropping by. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment