Saturday, July 1, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2023 Day 1 | A Little About My Project


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! In today's post, I share some details about my goals and my project. If this interests you, keep reading!

Hey, writer friends! Camp NaNoWriMo has officially begun and I wanted to share with you a little more about my project. I’ve already given minor hints, but let’s take a deeper look.

My time over the next couple of months is dedicated to writing a first draft or revising a completed story in the Hearts of Gold universe. At the start of June, I announced my “hiatus” from my @AuthorESElias profile on Wattpad, and it was so I could plan my summer. Well, I planned my Camp NaNo, so here we are. And I believe I mentioned the fact I wasn’t intending to write this book this month but it sneaked its way into my schedule and now I’m committed.
At this time, I do not have “final” anything, just the goals I hope to achieve during this challenge.

Cowboy romance is one of my favorite genres to read. I used to write many stories with the theme, but hopping on that Fantasy/SciFi train, I may have derailed a little bit. One of my favorite books series, the one that really helped me enjoy reading, was Terri Farley’s The Phantom Stallion series and some of the books in her Island Stallion series. 


The title for this project is BOOT AND BELLES, and it is more mature in the sense the main character are fresh outta high school and moving into adulthood. Swoony kisses and a cute cowboy. But the love-interest is a few years older; he’s already started getting his life together and loves his job with the horses.

The characters’ names are Sara and Jackson. Sara’s parents are divorced and she lives with her father, and older sister, Tammy; her mother had left to “go find herself” and ended up buying a horse ranch. Jackson works for Sara’s mother and he’s not fond of city girls who “have something to prove.” More on this another time. LOL

My word count goal is minimal, only 20,000 words, because I want this story to be a quick, fun read. If I find it is necessary later on, I will work toward adding more to the story. But for now, this is an easy goal to achieve. At this moment, I am sitting on almost 2.5k words. I will admit, I started a little early; only a day… or two, earlier. I’m glad I did because tomorrow (Sunday, July 2nd) I am probably going out with friends and won’t have a chance to write until the following day.

That’s all for now. Thank you for dropping in. What is your Camp NaNo project? Share in the comments; I would love to hear about them! Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment