Monday, October 16, 2023

The WriMo Blog: Life Update, PrepTober & NaNoWriMo 2023!!


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is a mixture of updates about my writing and life. If this interests you, keep reading!
When I shared my previous blog update, I was in Maryland. I've only just returned, last week. I had a blast with my cousin and her parents but during my final week, I was definitely feeling homesick. Also, six weeks without writing? It was a much needed break, and I am feeling super refreshed!

Like every year, I don't make the decision to participate in NaNoWriMo until, usually, the final week of October. However, I've hardly had time to settle back home and I know in my soul that I need/want to participate this year.

I'm not certain what I will be writing yet, but I think participating will be good for me. As I am writing this post, I am also putting together the details page on my WriMo Project website. Hopefully, I mentioned creating it over the summer. Anyway, once I have all planning done and the details ironed out, that page will showcase it all.


I did do some thinking about what I could write, and its very possible I will write something for my contemporary pen-name, Esther Elias. Because while I'm anxious to get back to my sci-fi/fantasy projects, my contemporary name needs something new to update about.

My Camp project, Boots and Belles, was put on hold when my Maryland trip came about; it's kinda hard to write when the mind is occupied with being prepared and all that. So, before Novmeber comes around, I'm going to work on the halted chapter of that novella. Just for this week, anyway.

I had a truck-load of ideas for Boots and Belles while away, and I wrote them all down with the hopes/goals of including them in the story. Once I've done that, I will get straight into planning for NaNoWriMo.

Good news! I finally have a portable, external hard drive to back-up my writing and laptop files! Poor Roxy (yes, I named my laptop!) has seen better days and she is running slower than normal. I was gifted a PC CPU by my uncle and he'll be shipping it down to me soon. I'll be moving a lot of my projects to that PC, which will lighten the load on the laptop. I hope.

Anyway, that's all for now. Next week, I will share my Boots and Belles progress, and be on the look out for my NaNoWriMo updates! Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment