Friday, October 27, 2023

The WriMo Blog: Final NaNoWriMo Prep


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today, I'm sharing my final steps of prep for NaNoWriMo 2023. If this interests you, keep reading!

The first thing I should update you about is the fact I couldn't work on Boots & Belles, at all. I got sick the day after my last update and everything I'd hoped to do was put on hold for over a week.

It's been a rough time, but I'm glad to be home. I'm also glad I didn't get sick during my trip. That would have been a disaster.

The next update I have includes the project I've chosen for NaNoWriMo. I have chosen to work on Nothing Between Us (here forward referred to as Project NBU). Its poetic because I wrote this book during Camp NaNoWriMo of April, 2016. You can actually go very far back in this blog and find all of my posts surrounding the story.


One of the reasons I chose this book is because it's fully drafted and the closest I have for my next publication. Another reason is because it need a lot of TLC. So, yes; this book will be getting a complete overhaul.

I know, it would make more sense to work on one of my completed Hearts of Gold books, but the one that is close to where NBU is, its needs way more work than I can fit into NaNoWriMo. 

Anyway, I'm not kidding when I say "complete overhaul". All the things I adore about this book are staying, but I'm changing a lot of the main plot, and the subplots. I will also be removing some unnecessary characters and filler scenes. These changes are based off comments and some messages I have received in the past. Not all comments/messages given to this book, just the ones that make sense for my vision of the final product.

Anyway, that's all I have for not. There is a new episode of LOKI season 2 calling my name. Stay safe and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment