Project Tracker

Currently tracking ... Camp NaNoWriMo July 2024; Project Humanoid

434 / 10000 words. 4% done!

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Playing "The Waiting Game" & Another Writing Contest? | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is about what I'm doing to occupy myself while I wait for the ONC2024 Round 3 results. If this interests you, keep reading!
Finishing my novella and submitting the form for ONC2024 Round 3 was an experience I worried I would miss this year. But I didn't. If you missed my previous post "Month of April Wrap-Up", I marked my ONC2024 novella, THE GIRL WITH SCARS, as complete on Wattpad on April 28th, and I near cried.

Is the book perfect, no but I am very proud of myself for getting it done.

Now comes the other hard part: Waiting.

Waiting for Round 3 qualifications is nerve-wracking. I would prefer to give myself a break from writing, but I need to occupy myself. Or else I will go crazy waiting.

It is May 2nd when I write this post. On May 1st, TalesOfTheDeep on Wattpad announced their annual MerMay writing contest. And yes, you guessed it. I decided to enter. 

It's a simpler goal than Open Novella Contest and Journey of Legends, and it has similarities to Adventure in Action, but its not multiple goals in one. The story must be based on one of the prompt sets provided, and the story must be told in a word count of 1500-5000 words.

I've decided I am going to place the story in a fantasy world I've already created. However, its a world that I have not shared publicly yet. I do believe I have mentioned a passion project that I've been working on since 2022, on and off. I do intend to talk about this passion project, but in the meantime, let me tell you about my mermaid story!

Thalassa's Stolen Voice is a standalone fantasy short story set in the Realm of Nepharia. There will be a post, in the future, about Nepharia and my passion project. But not today.

You can probably get the vibe of the story I'm going for, hopefully I can achieve it.

Unavoidable #LittleMermaidVibes - Mermaid losing her voice. Tale as old as time. However, there are obvious differences that make my story original. The contest judges will be giving points for originality.

That's all for now. Thank you for being here. I hope this post finds you well. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment