Sunday, November 21, 2021

NaNoWriMo 2021: Week 3 Update | The WriMo Blog, E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, I think this will be my shortest update yet. Because the first half of NaNo Week 3 was crap. I was in bed with a visit from Aunt Flo (if anyone even uses that reference anymore, IDK) and messed up my daily streak. But a couple of days leading up to Day 17 were ... tough, to say the least. But I have been determined to kick NaNo in the butt this year. I've had too much happen in my life this year (and last year certainly didn't help). I am tired of not reaching the endgame. So, here is what I've been doing to catch up.

Please keep in mind that this is what works for me. I am not saying it is "THE METHOD" to use. Everyone has different methods. Do what works for you.

I like to use the Pomodoro app for my timed writing sprints. Sometimes, I just have to set aside a single hour just for writing sprints. Using the Pomodoro method, I find my best focus when I time myself. Of course, I don't always get so many words written this way, but I get something done. I did this on Day 19 and got almost 2300 words written. Which was just below my goal for that day to help catch up.

On another note, I am discovering that I have been going full slow-burn with the romance subplot in this book/series. This was not the plan. No, I was going to have the characters have a secret relationship and have it in full swing during the first ten chapters. But the story had other plans. I kinda wanted them to be planning a wedding by the final chapters and have the wedding be the first chapter in the next book.

To be honest, I am totally fine with how it is working out. Because the book is being written and I have all the time in the world for edits and rewrites later down the road. *sighs*

Will I catch up? The day I write this post (Saturday, Day 20), I am not so sure but I am hopeful. I am always hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment