Monday, February 7, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: Another Writing Challenge | The WriMo Blog, E. H.

Hello, writer friends! I know, why would I put myself through another writing challenge. Well, this one gives me a chance to redeem myself. Because I have 12 weeks to write 20,000 words. Yeah, you read that right. Only 20k, in 12 weeks. Doable.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. What is the Open Novella Contest? Well, it is a non-Wattpad-related contest organized by the amazing moderators and Wattpad Ambassadors. If you are interested in checking it out yourself, visit the official profile, Open Novella Contest. They have an info-book with all the details. They explain it better than I will.

Anyway, I have seen many of my Wattpad friends participate in this contest and I've always thought I wouldn't have the guts to join because it would require way more commitment than I thought I could handle. But this year, something clicked. I made the decision to wait for the prompts to be available and decide when I saw one that I really liked. Well, I liked too many of them. Follow me on TikTok, I've been posting a lot about it.

How did my first week go? Extremely well. At the time I write this post, my word count is currently just over 4,000 words. That is halfway to the next milestone of 8,000 words! I could finish my novella, or at least have most of my story written, before the end of the 12 weeks. That is what I hope to achieve, along with the goal of trying something different and completing a project this year.

I will have a full post with in-depth detail about my #ONC2022 entry in a few days. Thank you for dropping in. I hope to share more about my progress in the coming weeks. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment