Sunday, February 13, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: THE LARK'S PEARL | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, I am so pleased to share this post with you today. As you know, I am participating in the OpenNovellaContest on Wattpad. You also know that I was 4,000 words away from reaching the second milestone. Well, at the time I am writing this post (just two days before it goes up on the blog) I am at a word count of 7,673 words! The momentum I have for this book is such a rush. I cannot even begin to describe it. So, instead, I am going to tell you a little about the book I am writing.

THE LARK'S PEARL (title subject to change)
This wholesome, romantic fantasy, can be enjoyed completely on its own without fear of a cliffhanger, HEA guaranteed. The characters are in the 17-20 age range, not counting the parents and certain adults. I definitely count this as a Young Adult Romantic Fantasy.

The synopsis is under construction. I think once I have reached the 50% mark in the writing process I will know how to write the blurb/synopsis. Other writers will agree, writing the blurb is one the hardest things to do, even when you've been doing it for years.

As mentioned above, this is a standalone "romantic fantasy", meaning the romance is the focus of the story, and the fantasy is mostly in the background. A good example of this is my novelette, "Prince in Disguise".

My main character and POV is Ariabella. She is an 18/19-year-old young woman who is visited by a playful, little Lark (bird) and he brings her the gift of a pearl every day, for a full year. And then he doesn't. Also, the possession of pearls is highly questionable, especially when the person in possession is a commoner. Were the pearls stolen, etc. 

My readers have been so happy with this book. Their comments have left me with such joy and a smile on my face. If you are interested in reading this book, use the preview below, or the links library in the sidebar of this blog.

Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you are doing well. Stay awesome, stay safe. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment