Monday, February 21, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: He is so sweet! | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Important for you to know: I am making so much progress and I just can't believe how easy this story feels to write! I haven't enjoyed writing this much in a while. I am so proud of how much I have grown. Today's post is just a progress update, as well as a little glimpse at who Ariabella is in this book.


It is Friday, February 18th, when I write this post. And my word count is 11k! I have written 500+ words daily, with consistent progress. This is huge for me! I would love to have 5k days, but my hours are limited and I am doing timed writing sprints to get these words out. I am even timing myself as I write this post because I have other things I need to get done.

Now about Ariabella. While I am not intentionally giving her characteristics in reflection of myself, I do see parts of me blooming in her. In my head, I see her as this beautiful, red-haired nineteen-year-old with cat-like, green eyes. I have a full Pinterest board dedicated to inspiration for her.

Like my short story, "PRINCE IN DISGUISE", the fantasy elements are not the main focus, but I am at a point in my writing process where I am ready to start sprinkling it in.

And that is all I have for right now. Thank you for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment