Monday, March 21, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: I DID IT! I FINISHED IT! | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Yes, I did it! I finished my novella, THE LARK'S PEARL! The 20,000 words are done! I cannot even begin to tell you the joy I have right now. It's euphoric.

I waited until today to announce finishing the book because I've heard other authors say it is good to let the book sit after it's finished. So, yes; I let my book sit for almost a week. And then I went back to just read it with fresh eyes. It is so good! This is a book I would proudly publish. It's already out in the world. But publishing this book, hmm...

I have next to no money to my name, so I am still not able to get my necklace reward. However, this month is flying by so fast, I will have it in my hands in no time. Additionally, I've finalized my paperback interior for the paperback copy I am hoping to get printed in the next couple of weeks. It looks so pretty. The icing on the cake: Character art.

I spent three hours adjusting and modifying some of the faces I already created on the Artbreeder app. I tweaked each face until I found myself saying: "Yeah, that's so-n-so." I've already been using the art in some of my book banners, on Wattpad. And I have included them in my paperback, which I have actually been working on throughout this process. I just felt the quicker I had it completed, the better chance I have to get the copy printed.

Finally, at the time I write this post, I do still need to write the epilogue I have planned for this book. I also have some bonus chapters for specific scenes from the prince's perspective. Which I plan to keep as a surprise for a special edition hardback book. I cannot promise that I will publish it in the next six months. So I do think I will upload the chapters to Wattpad, for a limited time, and then when I am ready to publish the book, I will take them down.

As for what happens now, I will continue to update this blog with my progress in the Open Novella Contest. Such as whether I make it into Round 3 or not, and whether I make it to the Long/Short Lists, or even become a finalist. When that news comes around, this will be one of the places I share it. (If you look at the sidebar of this blog, you will see a Campsite link list; my TikTok is linked there and I share on TikTok almost daily.)

There are still 6 weeks left in the "writing" stage. There are many participants who are still working hard to meet their word counts. I have such high admiration for all of these writers. I have been reading some of the entries when time permits, and they are amazing.

Thanks so much for coming along on this journey with me. I hope you stick around as I do post on the WriMo Blog whenever I participate in monthly challenges, CampNaNo and NaNoWriMonths. If that is something you are interested in reading about, stick around!
Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment