Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2022: Here We Go Again! | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, it is that time of year again. The Camp season of NaNoWriMo is upon us, and I am participating. But I have a lot to share about what I hope to accomplish this time around and how I hope to avoid the 2nd Week Syndrome.

What is my Camp Project going to be?

I have decided to blow the dust off of an old project I have not picked up since (probably) 2016. This project is the third book in an interconnected, standalone series of fairytale-inspired novellas called THE KHREBTOVA SAGA. It is written under my romance name and is still a very popular pick among my readers. Even today I see people adding the previous books to their libraries and binge-reading until they realize I haven't finished Book Three yet.

If you've been following this blog for a long time, you might have seen me mention it. I used to call the series "Tales from a Russian Heart", or something like that. Yes, it is set in Medieval Russia. 


Project "Poisoned Apple". As the title shows, it is a Snow White-inspired romance. One of the characters in this story is the brother of a character in the previous book, he is also the son of the characters in the first book.

Comp-Titles: The Hagenheim Medieval Fairytales series by Melanie Dickerson was a strong influence when I first started this series.

My goal is to finish the draft I already have started. The count falls around 5,000 words and my Camp WriMo goal is to draft 25,000 words. This is an achievable goal and I believe I can reach it.

I have even gone as far as to seek out a CP (critique partner) who has already begun giving me feedback for the chapters I currently have published to Wattpad.

Yes, I have been worried about the association of certain themes in my book being related to current, world events. But let me just tell you that I have considered everything. And truthfully, it just makes sense that I work on this book. Especially right now. Ultimately, what I intend to do with this series is to share it on Wattpad. Plans to publish it are not in any sort of planning, as of yet.

Finally, in terms of progress updates. I'm sticking to posting once a week like I did for the ONC2022

I've added my Camp Writer's badge to the sidebar of this blog. It is linked to my project page on the NaNoWriMo website. Add me as a Buddy if you want!

Thanks for joining me! Are you participating in Camp this April? If yes, what is your project? If not, what are you currently working on? Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment