Monday, March 7, 2022

Open Novella Contest 2022: Writing the Finale & Other Updates | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.

Hello, writer friends! Well, we are officially in March and I am in the homestretch! Only 3,000 words left and I will reach 20k! This is a big deal for me! Let's talk about how I am planning for the finale and my reward update.

First things first, I am waiting on the results for Round 1. I am certain my book qualified, but I am still so nervous to know how I am doing. I mean, there were over 500+ entries and because I submitted my book within the first five days of the submission form being open, I know mine is probably at the bottom of the barrel. Or it's one of the first ten. I'm not sure how the form thing works BTS.

As for how I am planning to go about the finale of this book, I am really trying to think about it since I have pantsed the entire thing so far. The prompt was enough to get me here but now I have to bring it to a proper ending. I don't want it to end in a cliffhanger. Even though I think I might have other stories within the same world/setting. But Ariabella's story is coming full circle. The prince is revealing all of his intentions and I like the idea of ending with a blow-out royal wedding, but how can I make this one different from the rest of my books that end with a blow-out wedding?

Because yes, it is one of my go-to endings, or I show the characters' life post-wedding. For Ariabella and Elias, I think they deserve the biggest "happily ever after" I can give them. Although, I need them to come to at least 2 obstacles. Ariabella needs something to make her doubt Elias, and Elias needs to do a "Big Gesture" to erase her doubts.

I feel like I do want to include an Easter egg to this other book idea I've had. The notes for that story is where I got the name for the fantasy world where THE LARK'S PEARL takes place.

Okay, let's talk about my reward (which I talk about in THIS POST). I had every intention of ordering the necklace this week, but my phone bill took priority. And since I am part of a family plan with 5 other people, I couldn't put it off. I had to over-contribute this month or else I would have my internet access today. I still have a little ways to go before I reach the 20k mark, which is why this little bump shouldn't be too disappointing. The whole reason I am rewarding myself is for reaching 20,000 words. So, technically, I didn't 'need' to get the reward yet.

Well, I think I've covered all that I hoped to discuss. Thank you for tuning in. What are you currently working? Comment below, I would love to check out your WIPs! Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment