Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The WriMo Blog: 2023 First Quarter Progress Update


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is my progress update for the first three months of 2023. If this interests you, keep reading!
The first quarter of this year has come and gone, and I thought it would be an interesting change to talk about my progress so far. 

I’ve been sharing my ONC2023 progress; I won’t talk too much about this, but it is going really well. At the time of writing this post, I only have around 5,000 words in both of my novellas. And the feedback has been amazing. I will say that I think I’ve got a new title for one of these projects; I won’t be making anything permanent until after ONC is over because I don’t want to go through the official steps. It’s easier to wait until everything is finished.

I have a post to report my Camp NaNoWriMo progress, not going too deep into those details today, but it’s going good.

A total surprise project that popped up was the #AdventureInAction character contest held by the Wattpad Action account. I was not expecting to add anything new so early in the year, but I was super intrigued by the introduction that I dove in. Here is a little bit about my entry:

Heather Kepler is an agent at the Department of the Unnatural where investigating things that bump in the night is their job. Of course, the DU does investigate all crime in Hughesville. If you’ve been following me for a while, you might have heard of Hughesville and the DU before. I haven’t worked on anything involving that world in a while, but I thought incorporating it into the collection would be fun.

And as part of the aforementioned project, I pulled out all of my notes involving the DU and while I don’t plan to touch those stories for a while, I really like what I have planned. I think you all will too.

My biggest accomplishment so far has been my word count. I’ve written almost 50k in the last three months. This quarter has been the most productive the weeks leading up to my publication in November, not counting last year’s Open Novella Contest.

I have not opened the Modern Classics folder since before ONC2023. But I have taken more notes for one of the stories I mentioned in my 2023 Projects post. Mostly character details.

Finally, Project Humanoid has a partial outline. And by partial, I mean minimal backstory for the plot. I’m thinking this story will be part of the DU as well, but no promises. Yet.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for dropping in. Comment below your first quarter process, I would love to know! Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment