Sunday, April 23, 2023

ONC Tips & Tricks: The Final Stretch


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is part of my ONC Tips  & Tricks series. If this interests you, keep reading!
We're coming up on the final stretch of the Open Novella Contest. Now is the time to push forward. No matter what your word count is, the finish line is just ahead!
I recently shared my own ONC2023 progress and I am still moving along in my second entry. The thing I keep telling myself as I push through is that sweet song from Finding Dory, “just keep swimming… just keep swimming.” But I am substituting the word “swimming” for “writing”. Also, I am reading my copy of Dean Wesley Smith’s Writing Into the Dark. Going over my notes from the story and keeping my thoughts in creative mode.

This post is very short, but I wanted to make sure you writers know to keep your head up and keep writing. Write your next sentence. If you feel stuck, go back over what you’ve already written and if you feel you need to add something before the part your stuck on, DO IT. Go with your Writer Gut, because you have one and your gut knows what to do.

I hope you are doing well in your ONC2023 projects. Comment below with your progress: Have you finished your entry already? Are you still trudging like I am? I would love to know! Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment