Monday, July 3, 2023

2023 2nd Quarter Progress Update: Review & Reflect | The WriMo Blog with Esther Hadassah


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is a review of 2023 Quarter-2. If this interests you, keep reading!

This second quarter of 2023 has been a roller coaster. I’ve had some tough days, some middling days, and some really great days. I shared many of my updates over the last several weeks but I want to reflect on them with you.

 First of all, I finished one of my 2 Open Novella Contest entries. It was a goal this year to write a complete story this year, so check that box. Making the Longlist and Shortlist, THE OUTSIDE WORLD was an ONC2023 Finalist. I think this is my greatest achievement this quarter. Apart from what I am going to share with you next.


I started doing in mid-April to revise my sweet romance novel that you all know as The Girl I’m Gonna Marry. More commonly remembered as “Superpower” and Project Eric & Annie. The main goal for this project was to edit out a subplot that I felt didn’t actually support the story. It felt like it was actually taking readers away from the main focus. So I changed it.

This book is far from being finished as I will go back to it later this year and do another revision. I am also going to be adding a prologue that, I hope, will fill a hole I found was I was going through the ending again. I do intend to post about coming goals for this book, but that’s later this year. Probably around the end of Third Quarter. Keep a weather-eye for that.


I got more of my books printed this quarter than I ever have in my entire writing journey. In April, I printed THE OUTSIDE WORLD, and THE GIRL I’M GONNA MARRY. Mid-May, I ordered a final published version of my debut, TRUSTING IN FAITH. And in June, I ordered proof copies of 2 romance novels in 2016-2017; NOTHING BETWEEN US and SCARRED HEARTS [which is a Hearts of Gold related novel and will have a new title soon]. So, that’s 5 print copies of my own writing in three months. I never would have been able to print my books this many times before 2020 (the first time I ordered a print copy). I made it a goal of mine to build my physical collection and have a bookshelf dedicated to my writing, next to my writing space. Right now, I don’t have a “space” to make my own in this manner, not yet. But I will, and hopefully soon.

As for what I hope to achieve next quarter, CampNaNoWriMo is happening when I post this update. You can check out my official announcement post on this blog. I expect to print 2 more of my completed drafts in July; I’ll share what those are in a different posts, when I get them.

I hope this post finds you well. Remember to stay hydrated and keep your mind sharp. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!




No comments:

Post a Comment