Saturday, July 15, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2023: Week 2 Update | The WriMo Blog, with E. H.


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is a progress update on my current WriMo. If this interests you, keep reading!

This is going to be a short post. I didn't get to write as much this week as I wanted, but I've reached 6,000 words in Project Boots and Belles, and I am still happy with the progress I've made.

Because I don't have much of an update, I want to share a little bit about the characters and some of the endgame goals for the story.

Sara Collins is a high school graduate. Her summer is booked as she is going to be spending it with her mother, for the first time in about ten years. She is a city girl, through and through, but I want Sara to discover that she is very similar to her mother and wants to work with horses, too.

Jackson Hartley is in his early twenties. He doesn't have everything figured out, but he loves his job at Angel Field Ranch (this name could change in the future, but it works for now). As mentioned in my last update, Jackson was supposed to be the one who ignites the "enemies to lovers" trope, but that plan is now thrown out the window. He's a gentleman and even though he does talk about not wanting to be involved with a city girl, spending time with Sara as she is discovering her inner country-girl, Jackson is going to realize he needs to rethink a few things.

Normally, I'll share a dream cast at this point in my progress, but I don't have one at this time. I will say that Jackson is a ginger boy. In the chapter I finished this week, Sara describes his red hair and handsome face; I didn't know what he would look like until I was writing it.

In terms of what I'm reading or watching to keep myself in the horse theme headspace... I haven't been watching anything that involves horses. However, I think I'm going to check out the Free Rein series on Netflix. It doesn't seem to have that "western" feel I'm writing in my story, but its still horses and some cute romance running through. It will serve it's purpose. Also, I just learned Freddy Carter has a role. Of course, I need to watch it now!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you're progressing well in your own projects this week. Stay safe, and stay awesome! See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment