Sunday, April 14, 2024

ONC2024 ROUND 2 RESULTS & A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!! | THE WRIMO BLOG, E. H.


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is just a celebration! If this interests you, keep reading!
My novella, THE GIRL WITH SCARS, made it through Round 2 of the Open Novella Contest 2024!!

Furthermore, I have FINALLY cracked 19,000 words. Time to celebrate!

*spins in desk chair, waving arms in the air while shouting* Whoo!!

I am so pumped right now. I should call it for the day, but I haven't felt this good in a bit so I'm riding this wave of awesomeness until I reach the shore.

As I create this post, I am working on Chapter Ten. The story has taken a turn that I was not planning. It took me by surprise. Is it a good surprise? I won't know until readers comment on the chapter. I'm hoping to get the chapter finished by Tuesday, April 16th. But my 20k submission deadline is April 25th. Which means, the story should be finished and marked "Complete" on Wattpad either by or on that day.

To "celebrate" passing Round 2, I changed the cover art on Wattpad.

I've said it before and I will say it again: Unless I plan to make a profit on any of my books, all the cover art I create for posting on Wattpad is temporary.

However, I really really like this version of the cover. It's the best so far. And I think I just might leave it like this until the end of the contest. 

If/When I make the Shortlist, I am thinking about getting a profession cover made. I already found a website within my price range and I think they will be a good fit. I've seen many examples and one of my fellow-Wattpad writers is the one who recommends them. Several of her books have cover art from them.

Anyway, that's the update. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment