Monday, April 8, 2024

Review & Reflections | 2024 1st Quarter | The WriMo Blog


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is reflection on my first quarter of the year. If this interests you, keep reading!
This first quarter has been amazing. While I didn't really do any writing and January, I wrote almost 15,000 words in February. ONC2024 had only just started and I was rolling the big guns.

To say the truth, I did intend to keep my goal of only focusing on the ONC, but hopping into the additional challenges did help me maintain creative flow.

At the time of writing this post, I am still writing my ONC2024 novella. I have almost 6,000 words in my Journey of Legends fantasy novella, and I am halfway thru the first one-shot on my Adventure In Action anthology/collection. The character I created is named Luciana DeLuca. I know I started a post with all the details and announcing that I was participating, but I guess I didn't post it yet. I'll make sure that goes up soon after this post.

I have also decided to create a newsletter. I know; ten years as a writer, never made the decision to build a mailing list. I'm building it now, okay? The platform I am using, until I can afford a paid service, is Substack. There are many interesting features but I am only using it for emailing/newsletter portion. The newsletter will remain FREE and I plan to only send 2 emails/newsletters a month with a summary of that month's activity. 

Actually, I'm building three newsletters because I'm making one for #TheWriMoBlog and one for each of my pen-names. So, if anyone is interested in subscribing to any of them, you can pick one or all from RIGHT HERE.

To reflect on everything... I am really happy with my writing progress. It's the most writing I've done since last summer. And even though I had some very SLOW writing days, I still met the majority of my goals for this quarter.



No comments:

Post a Comment