Tuesday, November 17, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020: 10 Days of Down Time & Moving Forward


Day 17
Current Word Count: 5,227
Song: Keep Holding On, Avril

I have not written a single word in over a week. Why? Well, let me first acknowledge it's officially been 5 years since the "November Hit" of 2015. Two days ago was "the day" and while I thought I had kicked this bucket ... I haven't. But I want to tell you what I have been doing to keep it from overthrowing me and giving me BAD days.

At the top of my list is a playlist I have called "He Loves You", which is a selection of Christian contemporary songs that always lifts my spirits. Next is a lot of movie watching. AKA: RomComs. This means, yes; I've watched Clueless six times this month. I've also been enjoying a lot of mystery/thriller films. Such as The Mummy (not Tom Cruise, sorry) and Gods of Egypt

Another thing I do is binge Netflix. We all do this, I know. But I watch cooking-related shows and it helps me forget why I was having a blockage. I do not regret stepping back from writing. I am not disappointed for falling behind in NaNoWriMo. I'm just glad I am getting writing done.
Yes, it's harder to focus on just writing when my brain wants to digress and push me in a corner of emotions ... But I'm riding the wave and taking each day as it comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment