Sunday, November 1, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020 Day 1: Back in the Game!



Hello, WriMos! Wow, it has been a hot minute, has it not? 

First off, 2020 has been a witch of a year. Second, I didn't think I would want to start up this blog again but turns out I really do. So, let's see how well I can keep it up.

This year, I am not writing any single project. I have too many I want to work on and I decided I would create a NaNoWriMo tracker that will count all my words collectively from multiple WIPs. As of 7a.m. this morning, I have written 333 words. And as an avid Scrivenor user, I have created a document that will allow me to keep track so I can update the NaNoWriMo site at the end of the day.

How many projects am I working on?

I have a dozen (12) projects I decided to work on. Each of these stories has been sitting around for a while, brewing, and building in my mind. They vary across many genres and my 3 pen-names. Yes, I must remind you of my three pen-names.

Pen-Names & Projects: 

Hadassah Harper is my sweet contemporary, romance name. Under which I wrote my novel, Pieces of Me, NaNoWriMo 2016. Hadassah is working on a sweet romance story this year.

E. S. Elias - wait, what? This used to be  E. M. Malcolms. I've long since stopped liking the name and realized I wanted to have my actual name on my work. So my fantasy, scifi, paranormal genres are written under my name. This name has the most WIPs to work on. One of them is a fantasy Bible retelling of David and Goliath.

Vixen Foxheart is the most outgoing, in terms of writing experiments, of my trio. I write romantic suspense and mild thrillers under this name. This year, Vix has three projects of which one is actually a story I outlined 2 years ago while I was writing (at the time titled: My Escape) Blessing in Disguise

Why so many projects and pen-names?

I believe I explained why I have multiple pen-names... years ago, probably. But here's a small recap-slash-refresher.

I am an extremely organized person when it comes to my writing and anything involving the world of all things blog. Having separate pen-names has allowed me to keep certain books within a certain genre away from, let's say, my sweet contemporary. I don't really want my suspense/thrillers to be under, for example, Hadassah Harper. This name is already established as a sweet romance author. I don't want to sabatage that.

It's getting late. I have some more words to write and I hope to do it before my brain shuts down. Many fun smiles to you all. I hope you're doing well. Comment below and tell me if you're participating in NaNoWriMo 2020. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment