Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Open Novella Contest 2024: Day Six Progress Update | I doubled my word count total! | The WriMo Blog


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is another Open Novella Contest 2024 progress update. If this interests you, keep reading!
Before I get into the update, I gotta say this one thing. I shared my novella to one of the writer groups I'm in on Facebook, and I didn't get the response I was expecting. But as I thought about it, I realized that person was not my audience. The fellow-writer was honest and did like the first chapter, but not a certain scene at the start. They felt it was not necessary... That's completely fine. 

As it turns out, my main audience with this book is female. My writing targets the female reader demographic. They like the character as he is developing and I'm okay with that. Okay, I'm done.

I did not look at my missed day and think "Crap, I'm behind." Not once. Actually, I looked at it with the mindset of "Wow, I needed that day off."

Needless to day, I made up for the missed word count, and doubled the word total of my novella. Chapter Two went live in the afternoon and by evening, I had a ton of notifications for comments. 

At the time of writing this update, I have begun Chapter Three. I've gone to Inkarnate.com and created a map of the fantasy world. Mostly for me to remember where certain places are located in my notes. It's very simple, but it does the job. I have also picked my playlist for writing. Its mostly a compilation of songs I listen to often, but they fit the fantasy genre and that's all I need.

That's my update for now. Thanks for following along! Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment