Sunday, February 4, 2024

Open Novella Contest 2024: Day Three Progress | 2k Milestone! | The WriMo Blog


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is an update on my ONC2024 progress. If this interests you, keep reading!
I crossed the 2,000 word threshold on Saturday, ONC2024 Day 3. It was mid-evening, I was very ready to wind down. The electricity was being so weird and my PC was shut off unexpectedly. However, I made the smart decision to write my novella in Google Docs this year. My chapter was safe, nothing was lost.

In addition to meeting my first milestone, I submitted to the contest form. I know I mentioned wanting to have a few chapters posted before I did, but I got excited and it doesn't hurt to get something done early. If I can help it, I prefer to not leave things to the last minute.

I am really happy with my story progress. The opening image of Prince Oskar's character and the people around him feels firm and well rounded. I see a lot of my writing growth in Chapter One.

I'm waiting until I have fully introduced the important characters before I share anything about them. I don't want to spoiler the story before I've had time to develop and write it all down.

Anyway, that's the update. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment