Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Open Novella Contest 2024: Writing Progress Update for Days 4 + 5 | I missed a day.


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is a progress update for ONC2024. If this interests you, keep reading!
I expected there might be some days through this contest that I might miss. But I won't get into the reason for this time. Let's talk word count on Day 4.
I wrote 875 words. Which was more than my 500 word goal, and the NaNoWriMo tracker estimated only 200 words needed that day. I am ahead of the game right now.

On Day 5, I was down with a headache, among other things, and only had enough energy to get my morning work-related tasks done before I needed to go back to bed. Where I stayed the remainder of the day.


I am at the point in the story where I am starting to implementing the beginning of the prompt. One thing I have to keep in the front of my mind is my use of description. It's going well so far, and readers are complimenting it in the first chapter.

Putting my words to the page feels so good. I've definitely said this before, but the Open Novella Contest has been a huge help in my writing growth. It helps me finish what I've started.

Anyway, that's all for now. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment