Thursday, February 29, 2024

The WriMo Blog: Open Novella Contest 2024 | Round 2 is About to Commence!


Welcome to The WriMo Blog where I share my monthly writing goals, project progress, and more! Today's post is just a ramble about the coming second round of ONC2024 and my reflections on the first round! If this interests you, keep reading!
I think ONC2024 Round 1 was a success. I wrote so much more than I had anticipated and reach my personal March word count goal mid-February! And despite the several days of doldrums (what I call lack of wind for writing) and the multiple days I had to put work first (worth it). My February writing went extremely well.

One of the things I look forward to when my stories are flowing are the comments and reader feedback. I say this often; posting to Wattpad (and any of my platforms) is my way of getting beta feedback for when I next visit the book to edit it.

I think this is the first time another writer has offered feedback that actually helps the development of my book! 

I'm collecting this feedback in a document for later down the road. 

Goals for March:
1) reach 15,000 words in TGwS
2) research for The Journey of Legends
3) remind myself to be patient as the qualification round is compiled into a list and the 2k milestone sticker is handed out to all the participants.

And yes, reminding myself to be patient is a goal. Mainly because waiting for the milestone stickers is so... exciting and anxiety-inducing. I mentioned this somewhere recently... the ONC has been the only contest/awards with consistency and prompt deadlines. Sure, in 2022 they delayed each of the rounds because number of entries was MASSIVE. But the Longlist and Shortlist were actually announced. The reason for this could be due to the fact the Open Novella Contest is run by volunteers from the Wattpad Ambassador Team, whereas the other contests I've entered were created by other users.

Anyway, that's my post for today! Thanks for being here, I hope everything is well with your creative endeavors. Stay safe, and stay awesome! See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment