Sunday, April 10, 2016

Catching Up, and Noisy Brothers! | Camp NaNoWriMo | Day 10


By the time this post goes up, it will be the end of the day. Just saying.

On Friday I said that I knew I would not get to do any writing on Saturday. That was the case. But I did meet part of the quota the night before. I am already writing up a storm, and trying my best to be ready for whatever the day brings. I know that this week is going to be a little crowded, because my dad and one of my step-moms are going out of town. They will be back on the coming Saturday, but that means I will be on call. I will have to jump up to help with the kids, because it will just be my mom in charge during the week. Not a big deal, because we behave for her.

I mentioned an updated playlist. Well, what I meant to say was that I created a new playlist, using songs I already love listening to while writing, but took out the songs that do not pertain to my NaNo project, and I added the songs that do. When I am not wrapped up in getting my word count for the day, I will work on a short post with the songs, because these songs just work!

I am taking quite a few risks while writing The Blank Space. I have been experimenting a bit, and I have been writing in some details that might be questioned, but I know it will make the story fun to read. And that is the reason for these edits of Hailee and Freddie.

I really like where this story is headed. I do not want to give too much away before I get to that part in writing, but I am inspired by a recent favorite read; The Girl in My Dreams by Logan Byrne to be precise. If you click the title, you will be taken to my review.

Anyways, that book has a massive build up, though the outcome was slightly predictable. I plan to do something similar, but I am going to try and not let the outcome be obvious. But I am not one to kill off a character . . . at least, not at this present time in my writing.

I feel as though I might change the title later, but for now, The Blank Space suits me. There are details in the story, so far, that do indicate why I would choose that title, but even I am not getting them. So, yeah, there may be a title change later, but not until after Camp is finished and I am not rushed to meet quotas. Speaking of which, I made up for the day I lost and have met today's quota in record timing.

Who else is doing Camp this time around? Comment below and tell me how your projects are coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment