Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dare accepted! | #CampNaNoWriMo Day 20


#CampNaNoWriMo2016 Dare of the Day:
I dare you to add in a character you didn't expect to have in your project. Maybe it's someone in the background that your main character happens to notice. Maybe they are a helping hand, or maybe they become another obstacle for your character to face. Let them surprise you and alter the otherwise steady course you have already set for yourself. — TehRingmaster

Dare accepted! I did just that before seeing this! A few times actually, but this time the character is not going to be seen again. 

My main character, Bella (portrayed by the lovely Hailee Steinfeld), is going to make eye contact with a random bystander, and she is going to sense his pain that he is feeling. But this is the only time this bystander comes into the story. Oh, and its a guy. Here is a sneak peek at that scene from chapter 24.

I catch a glimpse of some guy looking my way.His blue eyes are piercing at me beneath thick black hair; the way a wolf would when stalking its prey. But I don’t feel weird about it, the way I did when Justin looked at me the night of prom. Something flashes in his eyes before he looks away. That is a deep pain.
Dare completed! Oh, and this scene is a major Easter egg, because this very scene takes place somewhere else in one of my novels. . . But more on that another time . . . Okay, I'll tell you a little bit more. This character has his own story I have been planning since before Camp NaNoWriMo began. But because I did not know how to get it going, I started The Blank Space instead. Hopefully I can grasp the essence of this character and I hope I can write it. It's going to be a rather dark contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment