Friday, April 15, 2016

Did I not call it? | #CampNaNoWriMo2016 Day 14+15


Remember when I said that I am so far ahead in writing The Blank Space that I would not fall behind if I took a couple days off? Well, Day 14 was that kind of day. My mom decided she was going to bring my youngest brothers to the park, and asked that I come along, since I would not be going to the beach today. I did get 50 words written, which helped bring the number up a bit before I ran out the door. The break was nice, though I was chasing a 2 yr-old around for the entire hour I was there. 

When I came home, I didn't feel like writing. Instead I ran some checks on Emails and blogs (comments etc). I also had a major headache from the long car ride, being stuck in 5:00pm traffic. 

Speaking of traffic, yesterday before closing down, I shared some of my bookstagram photos to my FB page, and guess what? The author of the book(s) I was sharing commented on them and then shared my page to some of the people he knows and to his readers. I got 25 new likes in the last 20 hours. That's pretty impressive, considering I only had around 12 likes before yesterday.

Let's talk about behind the scenes a little bit (back to my Camp project). I went to someone for a bit of summary help, on Wattpad, because I felt that the small description I had was not giving the story everything it as offering. I have not heard back from the girl yet, but I think I will hear from her soon. I have big plans for this novel, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I still have three other books I plan to work with for publishing before I get into making other plans. However, I think The Blank Space would be my candidate to submitting to one of my favorite publishers that I am always raving about. *Fake coughs* Entangled Pub. I do have to say that I have found several other publishers; I like some of the things they offer and my type of writing would be acceptable and I would not need to do too much, aside of work hard to promote my books. Which I am already doing a lot of already.

 

*Winks* See what I mean? 
The more I write, the more confident I get in my writing. I've mentioned before that I HATED writing until I turned 15 or 16. I think I might have to be more elaborate on that story one day. But for now, I am going to stick with updating you on my project. You can click the above widget and read the chapters I have been posting to Wattpad. I have been posting daily since the 8th, I think. I will have a picture of my progress up another time. Also, I decided to add 5,000 more words to my goal o 55,000. So, now the goal is 60k words.
I hope you are all well. Have a great day. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment