Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22!

I friggin' love turkey! Turkey all around!

Well, this makes four posts today. But let's make it a bit punny, yes?

So like, my friend's been telling me that you've been sleeping with my sweater. But you see, I can't wake up from living a nightmare that keeps playing over again. This is the clock upon the wall. This is the story of us all. Don't break my heart before I give it to you. Don't tell me 'no' before I ask you to. You're gonna have to take him away, 'cause he don't wanna leave. Some say that love, it is a river. Saturday morning, jumped out of bed and put on my best suit. Have you ever felt like everybody's watching, waiting for you to lose?

I've gotta heart, and I've got a soul. Believe me I use them both. Who's that shadow holding my hostage? I've been here for day. Hold on 'cause I'm letting go. I'm gonna lasso your heart, like a rodeo. Going out tonight. Changes into something red. Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress. You don't go with the crowd. You go your own way. You don't play after dark. You light up my day. Midnight; you come and pick me up, no headlights. Tell me you believe in love. It's not an illusion.

Words, like a loaded gun, shot out like a fire tongue. If you forget the reason that you're singing, and it's hard to find the song that holds your soul. He said 'let's get out of this town. Drive out of the city, away from the crowd.' I'm lost in a world that rattles my brain. I'm cleaning up my life from the mess you made. Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood. You know, we used to be mad love? So take a look at what you've done. Cause baby, we've got bad blood.

I was at an all time low, that night you walked in. You were just close enough to smell whiskey on the breath. I don't know you, but I want to. I'm like a crow on a wire. You're the shining distraction that makes me fly home. They tore my high school to the ground, and put a new wing in the east lot. In my old parking spot. The snow glows white on the mountain tonight. Not a footprint to be seen. Do you still sleep without your pillow, in the house, on Cherry Street? The light goes down and the night is calling to me and I've figured it out. I've figured it out from black and white. He's mercury in retro gray. Or is that the excuse that I've always made?

When I'm fat and old, and my kids think I'm a joke, written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain. All I know is that there's something about you. Got me feelin' like I can't be without you. There's a storm coming up and I've gotta prepare myself, 'cause this feeling's getting strong every day. I know you said that you don't like it complicated it, that we should try to keep it simple. But love is never simple, no. Hard to find a way to get through. It's a tragedy.

I drew a broken heart, right on your window pane. Waited for your reply, here in the pouring rain. If I close my eyes, and imagine you are here. Turn around. Every now and then I get a little bit lonely, and you never come around. I used to bite my tongue, and hold my breath. I know you have been kicked around, searching for some solid ground. For all of the moments, and good times, I think I'm gonna lose my mind. Something deep inside me says I can't give up. 

I used to wanna be living likes there's only me. And now I spend my time looking for a way to get you off my mind. I didn't want to say I'm sorry, for breaking us apart. Hello, I know its been a while. I wonder where you are, and if you think of me. I'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a lego house. You warned me that you were gonna leave. Never thought you would really go. It's been a while, can't ever get it right. Baby, come on over. 



See what I did there? LOL xD Okay, all I did was put my iTunes library on shuffle and I added the first couple lines from each song. I have so much more stuff in my library, but I fear that if I were to keep going, you would be here reading for another three months. This just gives you a brief idea of what is in my music library. Can you name the songs/artists used in this post? Let me know in the comments! Some are more obvious than others. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment