Monday, August 17, 2015

Working On Other Stories

Because I am typing Scarred Hearts in my laptop, I am unable to work on it with pen and paper. So, to pass the time, leading up to now, I chose to work on a story that I have not touched in six months.

My story, Strong, is about a young woman who is falsely accused and sent to a detention center, and how she must keep her eye on God. This story is not my baby-baby, but it holds a spot in my heart. Because the topic I chose to write for the plot is based on an experience a friend of mine went through. I will go into great detail about it, as it is not something I choose to talk about, but the plot is for a more mature audience. Due to the fact that I chose to mention the use of drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and one of the characters makes brief mentions of innuendo. I do NOT write about such topics, but I felt it was necessary for this story. I still keep my distance from going to extremes with my writing, so I don't think it would really be too mature.

I made a new cover for this story, though I do not have much plan to update it during the #SYTYCW15. I want to use the majority of my time to work on Scarred Hearts to have it finished by the deadline, in September. I'm on a roll, and I can see me finishing it in time.

I got a few more books that I have to read this month, which I had requested before entering #SYTYCW15 on Wattpad. I managed to stop reading three, one of which I was reading to give feedback to the author before it gets published, and the other that is for a book tour in September. The one for the tour I put down. I will explain more in my review, so I don't give it away too early.

I may have taken on more than I can chew, but I am determined to do it all! xD Call it self-motivation to finish the massive plate of food that is set before me,though I am a lady and I tend to have some manners. (Will-I-Am would like that metaphor LOL)


Anyways, I've got some more typing to do. I am nearing 3k words for this chapter. Count your blessing people. You don't know how lucky you are until you start losing them bit by bit. God bless you. Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment